Wespoort Primary School
- H/v Wespoort & Merrydaleweg
- Mitchell's Plain, Western Cape
- SOUTH AFRICA
Wespoort Primary School Home
“Gateway to Education “
* a community school
* every person valued
* develop well rounded, confident, respectful, responsible citizens
* learners aspire to achieve their full potential
* a welcoming, happy, fun, safe, and supportive learning environment
* all achievements are celebrated
* every day is an opportunity for everyone to achieve their full potential.
MISSION STATEMENT (DIRECTION)
* committed to provide quality education
* equal opportunities’
* access for all,
* regardless of cultural background, gender, race, language or religious persuasion,
* recognises and values our heritage
* actively involved in the growth
* and development of learners holistically
CORE VALUES (BELIEFS)
·Use appropriate and positive language
·Use kind words
·Listen when others are speaking and speak when it’s your turn
·Care for others
·Appreciate differences and similarities
·Look after property and our surroundings
·Use good manners such as “please”, “thank you” and “excuse me”
· Tell the truth
· Follow all teacher directions straight away
· Take care of personal belongings and clean up after yourself
· Give your best effort
· Be prepared
· Show appreciation of others efforts – teachers and learners
·Keep your hands, feet and objects to yourself
·Be in the right place at the right time
·Look after your friends
·Tell an adult if you need help
·Wear a mask
·Wash your hands
·Look after your body
·Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water
·Be the best learner you can be
·Develop a growth mindset
·Try new activities and sports
·Be proud of yourself and others
·Take up opportunities and chances to develop your potential
·Encourage others by being a positive role model
To develop happy, responsible, independent individuals who are capable of analytical and critical thinking.
To encourage all stakeholders to share the responsibility to create an effective, positive values based learning environment.
To strive toward excellence in education.
To respect the rights of parents to influence the values, attitudes, thinking, opinions and behaviour of their children.
To develop a sense of cohesion and establish the school as a center for the community.
To develop the leaderships and management of the school.
To improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment
To improve the infrastructure of the school
To improve the personal development behaviour and welfare of the learners.
To improve learner performance by raising standards and improving progress.
Sign in to add your comment.