- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We only store personal information that you provide to us.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control
The South African Protection of Personal Information Act or “POPIA" and The South African General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we are happy to offer transparency and access controls to help users take advantage of those rights. The rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of access - the right to be informed of, and request access to, the personal data we process about you;
- Right to rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
Right to object -
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- The right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes; and
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making
What categories of data we may process
We may process: your personal details (e.g.your name); demographic data (e.g.your age); your contact details (e.g., your email address), your organization's details (e.g. organization’s name), your geographical location (e.g. postal address) or your Facebook details, if you used your Facebook account to register on one of our platforms.
We may also process information about you from your use of our Services (e.g., the type of device you are using, the internet service provider, etc.).
We collect data from you, through our interactions with you and through our services. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use, and experiences with our services.
- We may Process the following categories of Personal Information about you:Personal details: your name; username or login details; password; areas or topics of interest; videos and photographs (if you or another user posts a photo on the Service).
- Demographic information: gender; age/date of birth; nationality; salutation; job title, company information, education, work experience and other professional information; and language preferences.
- Contact details: postal address; telephone and/or mobile number; email address; and your public social media handles or profile(s).
- Location information: location data that describes the precise geographic location of your device (“Precise Location Data”).
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you or other users choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms or in the Services,
What we use your personal data for
To create an account you need to provide data including your name, email address, name of your country, a password, etc. If you register using your Facebook account, you will need to provide your log-in details.
You have choices about the information on your profile, such as your education, work experience, skills, photos, city or area. We encourage you to add a profile picture, so that other users can see with whom they are engaging. You don’t have to provide additional information on your profile; however, profile information helps you to get more from our Services. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
Posting and uploading
We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our Services, such as when you fill out a form, (e.g., with demographic data or location), responding to a survey.
You don’t have to post or upload personal data; though if you don’t, it may limit your ability to grow and engage with your network over our Services.
Our systems may associate this personal information with your activities in the course of providing service to you (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for).
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you use or interact with our Service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal data we collect about you for various reasons.
We use technologies like cookies (small files stored on your browser), web beacons, or unique device identifiers to identify your computer or device so we can deliver a better experience. Our systems also log information like your browser, operating system and IP address.
How We Use Your Data
How we use your personal data will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services and the choices you make in your settings. We use the data that we have about you to provide and personalize our Services, including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, so that our Services can be more relevant and useful to you and others.
We do not:
- We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
- We may keep data indefinitely. We don't share your personal information with marketers.
- We do not share personally identifiable information (such as name, address, email or phone) with other companies for marketing purposes.
- No advertising companies collect data through our service.
- We do not allow advertising companies to collect data through our service for ad targeting.
- We collect or share your location only with permission. In serving you, we may use or store your precise geographic location, if you give us permission to do so. We do not use or share this data for any other purpose.
- Many devices will indicate through an icon when location services are operating. We only share this location information with others as approved by you.
- Personal data: We will never share email addresses of organization or group members without the explicit permission of the individuals.
- Only platform administrators have access to the email address and we have no current intention of engaging in advertising as a revenue stream. Should this change, we will ensure consultation with our clients and respect the permissions processes required.
- Organization data: All content that resides within private profiles, remains highly secure through the Connect Platform’s granular security settings. We recommend from time to time that the profile owners revisit their privacy settings, as new audiences may have been invited to profiles, and the permission settings may require adjustments. Our team will schedule alerts for the client as a reminder.
- All data created by our clients or by our team on behalf of a client remains the property of the clients in question.
- All rights, including copyright, pertaining to all documents and other material that is produced by platforms for specific clients, in the execution of its service remain with the client in question. The client is the sole owner of the copyright of all documents, concepts, computer programmes, original material, ideas and know-how techniques that might be developed for the exclusive use of the client or are in the process of being developed.
You can ask privacy questions. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us: /contact-us
Analytics providers may access data on our behalf. Analytics companies may access anonymous data (such as your IP address or device ID) to help us understand how our services are used. They use this data solely on our behalf. They do not share it except in aggregate form; no data is shared as to any individual user. Click to see company privacy policies that govern their use of data.
Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so they can improve it. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
We take steps to protect personal information. We take reasonable steps to secure your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access or disclosure. We encrypt transmission of data on pages where you provide payment information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country where we do business.
Special situations may require disclosure of your data. To operate the service, we also may make identifiable and anonymous information available to third parties in these limited circumstances:
- With your expressed consent,
- When we have a good faith belief it is required by law,
- When we have a good faith belief it is necessary to protect our rights or property, or
- To any successor or purchaser in a merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution or sale of assets.
Your consent will not be required for disclosure in these cases, but we will attempt to notify you, to the extent permitted by law to do so. You can review more privacy-related information.