An enabling policy environment
It is essential that policy exists in the Ministry of Education (MoE) and broader environment that supports the mainstreaming of care and support for teaching and learning.
Policies relevant to mainstreaming care and support may be found in a range of existing policy documents. These include policies covering inclusive education, learners with special needs, school nutrition, school health services, support for orphans and / or vulnerable learners, learners with disabilities, and HIV and AIDS, etc. There will also be policies in other sectors outside education that are directly relevant to vulnerable learners. National Frameworks for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) often provide an overview of the full range of government support available to vulnerable learners.
This Action Step requires you to:
• Conduct a policy audit:
- identify policies that presently support or enable care and support for teaching and learning in both the MoE and in other related sectors;
- identify sub-national or other differences in policy interpretation and implementation;
- identify policy gaps.
- Identify the policy agenda for the CSTL Programme:
- revise existing policy and / or prepare a new policy to support the CSTL Programme;
- advocate for enabling policy for care and support for teaching and learning.
Sign in to add your comment.
FutureLife-Now! is a regional programme designed to address the scourge of HIV and the associated challenges related to gender and climate change. Learn more.
CSTL is a programme through which Ministries of Education of the SADC Member States can lead and coordinate the range of care and support services delivered to regional schools. Continue reading.
Connect to the page here.
Read our latest newsletter here.
Connect to the campaign page.
Connect to the page.
If you'd like to ask us a question or want to leave us a comment. Click here.